Friday, May 31, 2013

On Impulse

Glass House, 1998, Joan Marie Giampa
The word "language" in art is subjective. We use words in our language as tools to communicate with each other. But I feel that we use art to communicate with each other on a perceptual (sensorial) basis and as such there really are no words to describe this experience. I am always open to others ideas and analysis especially when it comes to my work. 

It helps me to grow and connect to others "words" and I enjoy how they connect to my "perceptions" of reality. Again its a looping process and words seem to get in the way at times because they are invented. But sometimes great wordsmiths concoct just the right words to describe just the right feeling. Both are invented during the impulse that propelled them.

No comments:

Post a Comment